 Trains / 6958
Re: Lego Points Motor Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 15:13:46 GMT

How about putting them up on brickshelf?

I am terribly interested to see your design!

Build On!
John Matthews

Christopher Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message
Christopher Masi wrote:

Jeff Elliott wrote:

Hello,

A number of people have asked that I replace the instructions for the
Automated Points Motor which Matt Bates has featured on his web site • at

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/train_depot/pmotor2.htm

Some of these requests are from waaaay back, I just don't move very
quickly sometimes :(  Anyway, they're back for the time being, so fire
away.

I should note that some people have had difficulty with this solution,
so best of luck!

Jeff

A while ago Ludo Soete, Ed McGlynn, and others were talking about a • direct
drive automated point mechanism. I was inspired by their discussion, so • I
updated my points. My new design is really their design, but I have • posted
pictures here

http://cmasi.chem.tulane.edu/~lego/trains/pointsnew/points.htm

Like the text says, they work great on all but the highest power • setting.

I do not know what the issue is regarding new/old points, I am guessing
that mine may be old points, but I would be surprised if the direct • drive
mechanism didn't work on all points.

Chris

Ahhhhh....Sorry, I am experiencing a server outage. This time it is not
just my server; the entire subnet is missing. Actually, this happened
earlier this week. The subnet my server is on is most likely fine.
Earlier this week a computer on another subnet was flooding the router
to the internet.

Sorry,
Chris

P.S. If anyone is interested in the pictures I can email them to you.
Sorry, and thanks for your patients.

--
PGP public key available upon request.