 Trains / 6942
  Lego Points Motor Instructions

Hello, A number of people have asked that I replace the instructions for the Automated Points Motor which Matt Bates has featured on his web site at (URL) of these requests are from waaaay back, I just don't move very quickly sometimes :( Anyway, (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Points Motor Instructions

(...) A while ago Ludo Soete, Ed McGlynn, and others were talking about a direct drive automated point mechanism. I was inspired by their discussion, so I updated my points. My new design is really their design, but I have posted pictures here (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Points Motor Instructions

Chris - You've successfully addressed a problem that I noticed with the switching toggle tabs on the points - they do start to flex after some time. That made me nervous too. I never broke a tab, but they did get more pliable and actually stayed (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Points Motor Instructions

Ed, Thanks for the idea and the praise. I mentioned it on my site, but in case you missed it the switch fails if it is run a power setting 6. The fence idea solves one problem but creates another; it is the part that is prone to breaking off. Chris (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Points Motor Instructions

(...) Thanks for using one of my ideas. I hope you'll have a lot of fun with it. I don't use it due to the lack of space and .... my kids (age 6 & 3 1/2). They tear my constructions faster down than i can make them :( (...) regards and play well, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Points Motor Instructions

(...) I have been wondering how I will work that out with my son (7 weeks), but I have some time before I have to work that out. Thanks again, Chris (...) -- PGP public key available upon request. (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

"Ed McGlynn" <ejmcglynn@Juno.com> wrote in message news:FzHwwH.2A9@lugnet.com... (...) I noticed that the ZNAP supplied battery box looks different than the battery box supplied with the standard Technic battery box. Is there a difference between (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Points Motor Instructions

(...) Ahhhhh....Sorry, I am experiencing a server outage. This time it is not just my server; the entire subnet is missing. Actually, this happened earlier this week. The subnet my server is on is most likely fine. Earlier this week a computer on (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Points Motor Instructions

(...) Wow, I am not very sharp sometimes. If my server is down, then you cannot email me at cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu, but you can reach me at cmasi@tulane.edu. Chris (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

How about putting them up on brickshelf? I am terribly interested to see your design! Build On! John Matthews Christopher Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote in message news:399E104F.345C8F...ane.edu... (...) at (...) direct (...) I (...) (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Points Motor Instructions

(...) Sorry, I just tried to sign on to Brickshelf 3 times. Apparently, it didn't like one of my answers. Maybe it is because I do not have a Lugnet ID number. The network should be fixed on Monday when everyone starts complaining to our technical (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Points Motor Instructions

(...) Bryan - In some Znap sets, the 9v motor is powered by a black 9v battery box - one cell battery in a small black studded box. Other sets (I don't recall the numbers off hand) use the 6 cell 9v battery box with latching polarized current (...) (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)