 Trains / 30396
Re: Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2008 02:30:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Benn Coifman wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Mathew Clayson wrote:
   I had spotted the Daylight while researching long passenger train consists a few years ago, ... And what better “California” (where I live) passenger train after completeing my CZ.

Hey Mat,

You completed the CZ??? Please share photos. I saw the D&RGW Alcos in the background, but no cars.

Yea, I’ve had the CZ for awhile now, And I didn’t think to take pictures at the show. I’ll see about doing so if I can ever get unchained to my desk at work.

So Far I have a baggag car, two dome cars, a diner, a sleeper, a chair car and a dome observation. As well as a WP F3A/F3B/FP7A lashup. And of course the Rio Grand ALCO pair are also accurate for pulling this train.

Now jumping to your reply to Cale...

   I am planning to finish my GS4, but Iââââ‚
šÂÂ
âââ‚
žÂ¢m tempted to build a E7 pair as well.

At least with my first steam engine I found it was nice to have a pair of diesels for shows. The Hiawatha ran great on the flat floor at home, but man it still isn’t too crazy about the wobbly tables at shows.

That’s part of it. The steam engine would be unpowered if I made the wheel spacing proportional to the prototype. I’d then use a pair of motor in the tender. That with the motor as the shared truck on the twin chair car. should be eneough to pull the train, but pushing a large engine tends to make is picky regarding track.

But mostly I just haven’t gotten around to building my own E7 yet, and this is a good excuse. Although it should be paired with a ALCO PB unit!

Mat