 Trains / 30361
  Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast

Thanks to a very timely arrival of engraved parts from Tommy Armstrong, I was able to finish the assembly of my Coast Daylight passenger cars at the NMRA show last week. (URL) All photos and cad files on Brickshelf after moderation: (URL) I so far (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast

(...) Mathew: Spotlighted! Wow! I love that articulation work and the way you did your bogie plates. Some ideas there that I have not seen before. The bricks Tommy did look great and I love the color scheme of these cars. Thanks for the link to the (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast

(...) Fantastic work! I've always loved this train, the color scheme is just so striking. The solution you've used to get the cars so close together is something I very well may have to look into myself for my Tequila Sunrise. The idea of having the (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast

(...) --snip-- (...) I'm terribly happy to see colourful passenger rakes make a comeback. I'm far too lazy to make them myself but they do look excellent when done as well as this one. Tim (16 years ago, 25-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast

(...) This is an absolutely stunning passenger train. The articulation of the cars looks awesome and the engraved bricks work beautifully. The GP9 looks a little out of place and I'm a big fan of steam so I'm eagerly awaiting to see the steam engine (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast

(...) ... (...) Very nice, it is great to see the old consists alive again in Lego and the Daylights were just crying to be done. The lettering looks great and I can't wait to see how your GS4 turns out. So how did you manage to get the (...) (16 years ago, 27-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  RE: Dalylight Train, Southern Pacific Coast

I was able to see these in person at this year's NMRA show and they are as described, and then some. A real sight to see. Thanks for bringing them to the show Mat. Ray Silva socalray@cox.net -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast

(...) Thanks Cale. I agree the GP9 is wrong, but the only "correct" Deisels would be E7A, E8A, E9A or PA2, and E7Bs mix and matched in pairs. But the only PA I own is in Rio Grand colors, and I own no E units. My GP9 is modeled after SP5623, which (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast

(...) Thanks Dave, Yes, all of the articulation in my train is a riff of whats's shown at the ILTCO presentaion, although I originally found the ideas here on LUGNET first. The shared car articulation is based on work by Steve Barile (URL). The (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast

(...) Thanks Benn, I had spotted the Daylight while researching long passenger train consists a few years ago, when working on my Caifornia Zephyr train. The DL was beutiful, but seemed impossible to do justice at the time, how would I get all that (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dalylight Train, Southern Pacific Coast

(...) Thanks Ray, I really wanted to run this on the Bay Area/Southern Pacific combined layout, it seemed symbolic. Mat (16 years ago, 29-Jul-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast

(...) Hey Mat, You completed the CZ??? Please share photos. I saw the D&RGW Alcos in the background, but no cars. (...) Wow, them were some impressive trains. I like the 2000 era show photos. Now jumping to your reply to Cale... (...) At least with (...) (16 years ago, 1-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Dalylight train, Southern Pacific Coast

(...) Yea, I've had the CZ for awhile now, And I didn't think to take pictures at the show. I'll see about doing so if I can ever get unchained to my desk at work. So Far I have a baggag car, two dome cars, a diner, a sleeper, a chair car and a dome (...) (16 years ago, 2-Aug-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)