 Trains / 29617
Re: 7996 Metalized
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 05:07:33 GMT

For some reason it did not post my reply yesterday.

I want to automate the points. I use the spring to let the tongue of the point
return to its normal state and when I wind a nylon thread or so around a axle it
will put the direction for the train in 'straight forward' position. So all the
four tongues should be in 'turning position' in order for this to work. if the
internal springs are just like the 9V version with metal track than I could just
cut the actuator in half en push one side to the left and the other to the
right, but I want to be sure before damaging the point.