 Trains / 28710
Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:29:26 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, John Neal wrote:

We have lengthened the Thomas section of the TLCTC layout, and so we needed to build a few more buildings to fill in the gap. Nothing earth-shattering here, but I did have some fun with them:
  • The Chinese characters used on the Chinese restaurant mean “fast food”:-d
  • I’m a little bummed that the sign on my TGIFriday’s parody is slightly illegible. It reads, “GDIMonday’s.
  • You must be a Tap fan to “get” the last store name.
I actually had a difficult time choosing the last store name, because so many ideas came to mind-- you know, “Mime is Money Catorers”, “Tap into America Dance Studio”, “11-11 Convenience Stores”, etc:-)

Additional ideas are welcomed!

I noticed these on Brickshelf before seeing the post here. I think you did just fine with the name. Made me LOL when I saw it. I’d attempt to offer additional ideas but a nasty email from a licenesor has fried my brain already this morning. :/ . . . Thinking about happy hour already today.

I like the number of different shops you’ve included in the building and I also like the thin brown building quite a bit. Nice textures along the sides.

Best,

Jonathan