 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3789
  New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(URL) We have lengthened the Thomas section of the TLCTC layout, and so we needed to build a few more buildings to fill in the gap. Nothing earth-shattering here, but I did have some fun with them: The Chinese characters used on the Chinese (...) (17 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

Very nice, especially the signs ; ) God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) I noticed these on Brickshelf before seeing the post here. I think you did just fine with the name. Made me LOL when I saw it. I'd attempt to offer additional ideas but a nasty email from a licenesor has fried my brain already this morning. :/ (...) (17 years ago, 22-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) As the bumper sticker says, "mean people suck" >:-( (...) Hope it was a good one (or two;-) (...) Thanks, Jonathan. I really only want to impress you:-) As for the sides; it's kind of a sketchy building technique. The corners are simply 1x1 (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Being an old hand at this (i.e. before LEGO saw the light): (2 URLs) may I suggest using bigger bricks just next to the headlight bricks, and interlock them inside the building? You won't win any interior design awards, but it will keep you (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Oh, yeah, you've done the same thing. I like it. It's a great effect. Now, I have interlocked the brown with my tan to keep the front face sturdy, but I don't see how you can make the headlight bricks any sturdier-- what more can they bind to (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Sorry I don't quite get what you mean here. I'd like to try this technique but my brain is not seeing how you do this. Do you have any pictures of the WIP or illustratioins of how these go together? (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) You could put a technic 1x1 brick with pin behind the headlight bricks to add some security. Not behind each one but maybe every other one or two (or five)? I did that on this firehouse from 4 or 5 years ago. (URL) I didn't go as high with the (...) (17 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:JDu4uz.Kq4@lugnet.com... (...) John: I really like the buildings. Two suggestions on the small building: (i) you might want to consider offsetting the front door to one side and putting another window (...) (17 years ago, 26-Feb-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Thanks, Tim. That's good advice. I'll see what I can do. JOHN (17 years ago, 7-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) Hey, Tim- I took your advice and moved the door-- I'll have pics after our upcoming show this weekend. Thanks again for the suggestion! JOHN (17 years ago, 12-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:JErwnp.I0@lugnet.com... (...) Great! I'm looking forward to seeing it. Your buildings have given me much inspiration in the past so I am honored to be able to "give back" a bit. :-) Tim (17 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: New Brown Town Buildings (pics)

(...) :-) (URL) HERE> is a pic of the revision taken at our train show exhibition this past weekend. Thanks again! JOHN (17 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:JF5zLD.4DC@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) John: Thanks for posting the picture. The brown building looks so sweet! Tim (17 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)