 Trains / 28316
  4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(2 URLs) Brickshelf (when modded)>. Here is my latest. It is a 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward. It is not modeled completely from a single train. But the most influential is the cab-forward(4294) that resides at California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento. I (...) (17 years ago, 29-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

Not really got time to look at it now, but I will tomorrow. Looks good tho, I'm suprised I've not seen a cab-forward in Lego before, from the other side of the pond it has always been an iconic US steamer, along with the Big-boy Tim (17 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Guess you missed this one then ;) (URL) ROSCO (17 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Dear Lewis, the picture you have presented here is very promising and I would like to have a closer view into the design features. But when I try to have a look at your brickshelf pictures, I see these are all photographed in utterly high (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Sorry Ben (and to everyone else) To tell you te truth i did not think much of the resolution. I used to take all my pictures on a simple point and shoot camera, and thus did not have to do any resizing. We just got a new camera (Nikon D50for (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Since you did not do this by intention, there is no need for an excuse, Lewis. Thank you for your appreciation and the time you had to spend on over-working the pictures and uploading them again. I simply have the hope that others may follow (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Thanks for the comments. Yes, I don't really like the gaps too much either, but i do like it more than some of the other techniques i have used and seen in the past. I like how the tender appears more round than using slopes and the like. For (...) (17 years ago, 30-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

In lugnet.trains, Lewis Valentine wrote: <snip> (...) Very nice. Certainly an eye catcher on any layout. And yes, I like your detailing on the cab - you did a good job of pulling out the squareness and putting in the smooth corners that is always a (...) (17 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Lewis- Having also seen the original at the museum, I can say it's a wonder to behold. And so is your LEGO rendition! -Ted Michon SCLTC (17 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

I guess you are going to force me out of Lego retirement.... Nice job on the cab-forward, I am glad to finally see one finished. Good solution for the nose, but I wished there was some glazing indication there. It would be nice if you could affix a (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Force you out of retirement?!?! I was wondering where you have been? You better get back into lego, we miss you around the club. We especially miss crashing your big boy into things. Thanks for the compliment. Look forward to seeing you at our (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Thanks for the compliment, now it is my turn. Thanks for those great wheels! I will probably be ordering more soon. (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

(...) Looks great Lewis, I'm sure it will be a hit at the March NMRA show. Need to show it to Stacey, I don't think he ever finished his. jt (17 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward

Awsome! Several times I have started on the same project from the same inspiration, always falling way short. Excellent job! (17 years ago, 21-Jan-07, to lugnet.trains, FTX)