 Trains / 28321
Re: 4-8-8-2 Cab Forward
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 23:06:38 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Lewis Valentine wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Lewis Valentine wrote:

Brickshelf (when modded).

Here is my latest.

Sorry Ben (and to everyone else)

To tell you te truth i did not think much of the resolution. I used to take all my pictures on a simple point and shoot camera, and thus did not have to do any resizing. We just got a new camera (Nikon D50for your info Ben) and we have it at higher res than the old one.

Either way the issue has been fixed, I resized the images and re-uploaded them. They are much smaller now. (of course you will need to wait until the folder is re-modded.

Since you did not do this by intention, there is no need for an excuse, Lewis.

Thank you for your appreciation and the time you had to spend on over-working the pictures and uploading them again.

I simply have the hope that others may follow this short discussion and may learn, that small can be more enjoyable.

Anyway: now that I had the chance to have a clooser look into your creation, I like the creative use of SNOT techniques as to be found for e.g. with the domes on top of the boiler. For the boiler itself I partly do not like the gaps which are visible. On the other hand it looks by far not so much polygon like as most other designs. So all in all I am not 100% sure if I prefer this style, but at least it is a very creative and innovative way to do it like this.

Another thing I do wonder about is dealing with the real engines of this type: how is the coal getting from the tender and into the fire box? And where is the firebox located? On the cab side or at the tender side?

Or is this engine driven with oil and no coal has to be shovelled into the fire box at all?

Leg Godt!

Ben