 Trains / 26840
Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:01:47 GMT

Thanks everybody for your appreciation.

As was pointed out the black 1x1x2/3 slopes currently exist only in the 4418 Dino Pod, which contains three of them. So that would be a lot of Dino Pods! In my defense I can say that I sort of expect them to become more common, seeing how much Lego has used them in different colors in new sets since their invention in 2005.

Frankly I don’t expect the motorization system to work at all, at least not without a lot of tweaking. I can think of a lot of possible problems, and I can think of some improvements to some of those imagined problems, but I’ll simply have to wait and see when/if I try it out in real bricks.

There is probably a problem with fragility as well. I have thought of at least one improvement to that since I posted the model. There is also one error that I discovered with the snot in the tender, and some pieces that were supposed to be there that were simply missing, but both errors are trivial to correct and I don’t know how it got that way in the first place.

As for the the “window pane ladder,” well, there ought to be some way to fasten it, whether it involves brick mutilation, or just doing like this, perhaps putting some fragments of tubing or other non-Lego cruft into the clip too to tighten its grasp of the window pane.

So I’ll upload a somewhat updated version in a day or two.

Talking about mutilation, as a bonus here’s an idea for buffers that I considered, and finally rejected, during the design (those are/were signal horns).

/Martin