 Trains / 26826
  A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round ===...=== (URL) Macaroni bricks seem like a good choice for modelling the boiler of a steamer, except that it isn't obvious how to fasten the domes and stuff that are supposed to be on top of it. The (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.se, FTX)

  Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

(...) WOW; excellent model, very well done! I've had a chance to see the real thing recently and your version definately does it justice. And it's nice to read how your MOC builds on where others went before you, the way this community keeps (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

(...) --SNIP-- (URL) Macaroni love> ;) Although not the first use of macaroni the combination of the curve bricks and macaroni to make 'circles' with studs at the top is quite neat. What I really like about this MOC is the 1x1x2/3 slopes at the top (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

I like the Space Symbol on the side and the train is cool too : ) (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

(...) This is a very nice effort, Martin! I would love to see it in real life! The macaroni boiler looks fantastic; Ross actually built one with macaronis as well and it turned out looking nice: (URL) Although I believe his was only macaronis on (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

(...) Hej Martin Grattis till ännu en tjusig model. Kul med folk som bygger med svenska förebilder. Jag har studerat dina dat-filer och det verkar som du har stor erfarenhet att bygga med riktigt Lego också - stämmer det? Hoppas att du snart kan (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

In lugnet.trains, Martin Nilsson wrote: SNIPPY Not bad! The whole thing is quite unassuming from the outside, but the internals are packed with good SNOTtery and function! Reminds me a lot of my own (URL) WDM-2>. I like how you did the buffers on (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

Thanks everybody for your appreciation. As was pointed out the black 1x1x2/3 slopes currently exist only in the (URL) 4418 Dino Pod>, which contains three of them. So that would be a lot of Dino Pods! In my defense I can say that I sort of expect (...) (18 years ago, 20-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)