 Trains / 26827
Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:47:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Martin Nilsson wrote:

A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mani/LitteraE/ http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mani/LitteraE/littera_e_steamer100.jpg

Macaroni bricks seem like a good choice for modelling the boiler of a steamer, except that it isn’t obvious how to fasten the domes and stuff that are supposed to be on top of it.
--SNIP--

Macaroni love ;) Although not the first use of macaroni the combination of the curve bricks and macaroni to make ‘circles’ with studs at the top is quite neat.

What I really like about this MOC is the 1x1x2/3 slopes at the top of the tender. Very nice effect and one I can’t remember seeing in that context before.

I also like the 1x1x2/3 slopes to ‘hold’ the end of the boiled and the cowcatcher design (but would prefer to see it studs in rather than out).

Another nice model.

Tim