 Trains / 26836
Re: A Steamer with a Boiler that actually is Round
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:33:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Martin Nilsson wrote:

SNIPPY

Not bad! The whole thing is quite unassuming from the outside, but the internals are packed with good SNOTtery and function! Reminds me a lot of my own WDM-2. I like how you did the buffers on the tender, they’re really cute, apart from the attention to detail on the whole tender itself. One drawback I see is the fact that you’ve used a lot more 1x1 slopes than the average collection would happen to have, but they make up for this with the detail they lend to the model. I hate to point out a design flaw of those window ladders though: The warping they cause on the 1x2 grille tile is probably enough to prevent you from placing anything directly next to that tile. Not entirely sure about this though, since in my model the tile wasn’t obstructed by surrounding details. Another thing that I dislike is it’s ‘limited operation area’, as you put it, as well as the fact that it can run only in one direction since the small battery box doesn’t allow fwd/bkwd motion. I’ve been looking into getting around this by using gearboxes, but so far my lack of experience with technic has limited my success.

One more thing: How DARE you put a Classic Space logo on a train and thereby defile it????? :-P

Legoswami