 Trains / 26145
Re: Rail Runner Update (was Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 22:15:06 GMT

I’m sure there are a lot of other questions, issues, and opinions regarding obtaining licensing agreements to model brand identities. Any thoughts?

later,

James Mathis

Again, thinking about LEGO Train Factory, what if we aren’t allowed to submit things that resemble prototypical livery? Does anyone know if there are any railroads that don’t mind if you use their livery without getting a license? What about fallen flags?

Later,

Paul

PS: James, Great train! If I only had the cash...

This is a big issue in the model train industry right now. Most fallen flags have become the property of other railroads as they aquier the defunct railroads. A good example is the Union Pacific. Which aquiered the Western Pacific and Southeren Pacific, which had aquiered the Cotton Belt and Northwest Pacific(Marin County). For the longest time Railrods didn’t bother themselfs with protacting ther trademarks in the meodel industry. Not any more. To produce more then artist proofs, a company must obtain a licence from the UP. And many other Railroads are following their lead. TLG for example got a licence from BNSF to produce the the now defunct ATSF’s Super Chief.

Mat