 Trains / 19071
Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:51:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
In lugnet.trains, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Hi Everybody!

Jeroen de Haan has once again worked wonders!  Given only an LDRAW file, he
put together a (if I may be so bold) gorgeous poster of a Hudson 4-6-4 Steam
Engine.  He uploaded three different wallpaper sizes, in addition to the pdf
file and jpeg files.

You can check it out on his website at:
http://www.digitalbricks.nl/

Shaun:  Fantastic model!

Images of the real model can be seen at:

This CAD version is beautiful.

Jeroen:  Your presentation style and accompanying graphical artwork is
refined to excellence.

I agree - Jeroen really produces jaw-dropping work.  It was an honor and
privelage to be able to collaborate with him.

Also, thanks to Kevin Clague, whose LSynth program
(http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague/) worked miracles in producing the
curved hoses and rubber band pieces

Going to have to familiarize myself with this.  So cool!

It really is an amazing little program.  Actually, Kevin just recently produced
the next version of the program, which includes several additional component
pieces, such as rubber bands and electric cable (I used his fiber optic cable
pieces colored black to represent rubber bands).

, to Joe Comeau for his feedback and endless
patience in putting up with continuous updates of the whole project, and to
the many others who offered suggestions and answers to my barrage of
questions in the .cad groups.

I can't say enough about how awesome it is to enjoy the cooperative nature
of the discussion groups here.  The sharing of ideas and knowledge really
elevates us all.

I couldn't agree more ... I had help on translating files between formats,
locating unofficial LDRAW pieces, making curved elements like hoses, rubber
bands (and even nets!).  Not to mention encouragement from others, including
yourself, James.  All of which served to advance this project, and hopefully
other peoples' as well.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Shaun