 Trains / 19051
  New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

Hi Everybody! Jeroen de Haan has once again worked wonders! Given only an LDRAW file, he put together a (if I may be so bold) gorgeous poster of a Hudson 4-6-4 Steam Engine. He uploaded three different wallpaper sizes, in addition to the pdf file (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad) !!

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Beautiful Shaun! It must be said again. Your Hudson is a really great model. This poster must be printed out as large as possible (on my A4-printer). It must have been a tremendous job to model it in Ldraw with all the curved flexible parts. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Shaun, I've said it before, I'll say it again: that is one of the neatest MOCs I've ever seen. And it now graces my XP desktop, something I've never done with a MOC before. (So *this* is why you needed to convert that file!) Jeroen, je heeft (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) poster size next week! Jake --- Jake McKee LEGO Enthusiast Webmaster - B.I. Portal (URL) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

Hi Jake you said that you will print poster of it. Just with an ink-jet printer or professionl print? if professional thn i'm interessted in wht it will cost. here in germny such prints are a little bit expensiv. Andreas =) "Jake McKee" (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) I will probably just take it to a Kinko's or similar print shop. I know they can print large poster size prints for relatively little cost. Can anyone suggest any advice for Andreas in Germany? Jake --- Jake McKee LEGO Enthusiast Webmaster - (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Advice? How about: "Be real nice to Jake, say 'please', and maybe he will send you one..." <grin> JohnG, GMLTC fut off-topic.fun (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

Shaun, Beautiful work! Incredible! I loved the model, and this presentation of it is just wonderful, well worthy of a wall poster. Keep up the good work, and may you and Jeroen collaborate for a long time in the future! Peace and Long Life, Tony (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Jeroen: Your presentation style and accompanying graphical artwork is refined to excellence. (...) Going to have to familiarize myself with this. So cool! (...) I can't say enough about how awesome it is to enjoy the cooperative nature of the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Thanks Mattias! The curves and flexible parts were definitely the challenge! For some of them (the cowcatcher and some of the side tubes) I simply used the flexible hose segments in LDRAW to simulate flex-tubing. For the rest (all of the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Hiya Lynsay, Thanks for the nice comments! Yup, this was what my file conversion question was for. THe line drawing schematic of the Hudson was in .dxf and .dwg (and even .dwx) formats, and I was trying to make them into JPEGs or the like. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Thanks Jake! Actually, that's how this project got started. I looked around the LEGO room, and realized that I needed some more LEGO-type decor. Although it looked to be considerably more effort than simply going out and buying a poster of (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) I agree - Jeroen really produces jaw-dropping work. It was an honor and privelage to be able to collaborate with him. (...) It really is an amazing little program. Actually, Kevin just recently produced the next version of the program, which (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

In lugnet.trains, Shaun Sullivan writes: SNIP (...) SNIP Are you saying there's a plastic connection? Andreas (URL) off-topic.fun (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

Hi all, First I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words. But I also would like to say that the poster was done with as much input from Shaun as from myself. He provided ideas, pictures and technical drawings and of course a very fine model. The (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

WOW!!! That's amazing :-) I wanna see one at BricksWest... -Tim (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) If you want to count, I downloaded a jpg :) Actually, it looked so good that I decided to render more of my models. I stopped after noticing that they didn't look nearly as good. Both the model, and the poster of the model are fabulous. Chris (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Roger that. I didn't mention it but it (and the James Mathis poster) are up on the .trains front page now. (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

This rendering is amazing and now is my desktop background image. The folks at the office are always amazed when they see it and I tell them of its origin. -- Steven B. Combs, Publisher Bricks in my Pocket (BimP) (URL) Submission Information: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Shaun, I would be glad to see even the small (without the LSynth parts) LDRAW file. This is really a beautiful model, and I think I'd learn a lot peeking into the LDRAW. TIA ----- Cheers Carlo Lugnet #24 (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Even newer Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

Hi all, For those who can't get enough of Shaun's beautiful Hudson engine; I have ooked up an other poster. It is somewhat more simpler but shows off more detail of this fine model. You can check it out on my website at: (URL) of the real model can (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Even newer Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

Hi, I am no train person but this is some amazing stuff! Beautiful renderings from Jeroen and supurb model and photo's. And ofcourse, being an LDraw person, I would like to see (have) the LDraw file of the Hudson. Is this possible? Thanks! Jaco (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)