 Trains / 17814
Re: new waggons by Huw Millington
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:44:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David writes:
Huw needs a bigger load to justify the drop center though

Not with our measly loading gauge:

http://www.crowsnest.co.uk/gauge.htm

I think US loading gauge is quite a lot larger than Euro standard as well

Loads and loads bigger. (sorry! ... 'k, no I'm not).

I just had no idea that UK was so much smaller than the rest of Europe!
After all, the UK is the original home of Broad Gauge...