 Trains / 17781
  new waggons by Huw Millington

Wow, these models are cool! Huw has created some new waggons. This one rocks: very clever design for a heavy load flatbed! (URL) steel transport waggon is my second favorite looks so simple, but very realistic: (URL) all these open waggons look (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) to drop center flats. You can see another approach here... (URL) had chosen to have end railings (simulating a car that has many more wheels than the car actually does) rather than extending the ends as far as Huw did. Huw needs a bigger load (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Wow, I missed that one. Great idea with the Maerklin-like transformer as load! I would beg you to post your MOC designs more often here (even if you sell them...). Or have I just overread your announcement concerning that great waggon? Keep on (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) I freely admit inspiration from James Mathis on that one, he posted some Maerklin stuff and had built a trafo car... I dug around at various sites looking for real and toy drop center cars and trafos seem the most common loads so that is what (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Probably is, Uk loading gauge is pretty tight and a big digger would require a drop centre (well-wagon), mind you the engineering department (on BR anyway) tend to use the vehicles they have aquired. Tim (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:H2zJ1z.Hv7@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks Ben, actually some are quite old, but I inadvertently deleted them from Brickshelf a couple of months ago and couldn't find a backup copy (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) [snip] (...) Thanks for these infos, Huw! My 4 years old Camedia 820L from Olympus has lots of problems with the black undercarriages of my rolling stock. Even gammy correction does not help there. But after nearlly 20000 pictures I might buy (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) (URL) Thanks for reposting these fine models to your gallery, Huw. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) I think US loading gauge is quite a lot larger than Euro standard as well Tim (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Loads and loads bigger. (sorry! ... 'k, no I'm not). I just had no idea that UK was so much smaller than the rest of Europe! After all, the UK is the original home of Broad Gauge... (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Unfortunately Brunel was a lonely voice of over-engineering - pretty well the whole of the rest of the country followed Stephenson into 4' 8.5" and God's Wonderful Railway had no choice but to change. NR Loading gauge, the size of Underground (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Well, since you begged... :-) Here's an announcement of a new design... (URL) have some variants and doodles (for lots of other equipment) which I need to get some pics of. I was lucky enough to be in Portland OR earlier this week and visited (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: new waggons by Huw Millington

(...) Hi Larry, thanks for the link! Nice John Deere tractors, that remind me on the old tractor used as load here... (sorry for bringing this link once more.) ;-) (URL) this site: (URL) you may know, most of my models are somewhat related to rural (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)