 Trains / 17785
Re: new waggons by Huw Millington
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:16:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

Wow, I missed that one. Great idea with the Maerklin-like transformer as load!

I freely admit inspiration from James Mathis on that one, he posted some
Maerklin stuff and had built a trafo car... I dug around at various sites
looking for real and toy drop center cars and trafos seem the most common
loads so that is what I went with. I like the design so much (it has working
tie down winches embedded in the ends) that I'll be using it again in
another set with a different load.

I would beg you to post your MOC designs more often here (even if you sell
them...). Or have I just overread your announcement concerning that great
waggon?

Gotta be sensitive to the no flogging rule of course, but I do post here...
you probably missed it. This car was previewed at an NELUG show I attended,
it was mentioned here then, and then again when it launched there was info
on .auction and on .bst... maybe not here though, I forget.