 Trains / 17783
Re: new waggons by Huw Millington
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:06:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Wow, these models are cool! Huw has created some new waggons.

This one rocks: very clever design for a heavy load flatbed!

I liked this one as well. It's an interesting twist on the bent arm approach
to drop center flats. You can see another approach here...

http://www.miltontrainworks.com/item_info_1004.html#MTW-1004-by

Wow, I missed that one. Great idea with the Maerklin-like transformer as load!

I would beg you to post your MOC designs more often here (even if you sell
them...). Or have I just overread your announcement concerning that great
waggon?

Keep on Bricking!

Ben

I had chosen to have end railings (simulating a car that has many more
wheels than the car actually does) rather than extending the ends as far as
Huw did.

Huw needs a bigger load to justify the drop center though (unless he's
modeling very tight clearance even by European standards) :-)