 Trains / 15717
Re: train motors (was Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:49:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

Hate to disagree with you Robert, but the LEGO train motors don't work that
way.

I thought he was kidding;-)

It doesn't matter which way you put them on the track, they will all
travel in the same direction. You can not run to motors on the same loop of
track in opposite directions.

*Unless* you have altered them by adding a DCC chip, in which case you could.

-John

Well yes that's true, or you could just open the motor and reverse some of
the wiring inside so that the motor runs the opposite direction of a stock
motor, but I really doubt it would be worth the effort.

If you really want to crash them, just put in a cross track....and wait for
the right moment. :)

jt