 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 155
Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:41:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Tom Reed writes:
Tom: Fantasy train, black ship (pirate, death, death-pirate???), pirate
outpost, black futuristic loco, boxcar
The ship was "The Sea Snake!",

Ah! Sorry I didn't catch the name. A most excellent model!

the outpost was Morgan's hideaway!, and the
boxcar was not my original design..I think I got the idea from Jason McKee
(I hope that's the right name..my apologies if I made a mistake there!  I
just changed the color scheme.)

Do you mean Jake McKee's boxcar:
http://www.bricksonthebrain.com/equipment/boxcar/index.cfm

We ran various train combinations around the tracks and bridges, and we
found out the hard way which train cars didn't fit through the bridges.
Unfortunately, that applied to most of my cars.  But the bridges were great!
I just wished I could have planned for the clearance.

Ha! I though I was being conservative in my bridge design. I allowed for
8-wide cars and a 14 brick-height vertical clearance. It turns out that was
nearly the minimum needed. I goofed when I built my tank car too tall.

The next time I'll try and let everyone know, and I'll most definitely build
more clearance into my bridges.

TJ

I want to say I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the "regulars" again and meeting
the newbies!  This was a lot of fun and I am in awe of all the great
designs, MOCs, etc.  I hope those that didn't make it will be able to the
next time.  You don't know what you missed!  Kudos to all that helped to
make it happen!  I think we've got a great group in the making...  I look
forward to the next time!
Thanks All!
Tom