 Town / 9759
Re: Modest house
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 18:09:37 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:

   I wonder if there is any way to offset each row by 1/2 stud . . .

Actually, that was my original intention, and with the hollow stud of headlight bricks, it’s not really that difficult.

The problem is more at the ends of the roof, where you have to cover up the extra half slopes... which can be made easier if the building is surrounded by 2 taller buildings.

Then if you want a window (who doesn’t) you’ll have problems too. And the place where the roof angle changes is a problem as well (nothing a good old technic beam can’t solve)

So I quite gave up on that part of the idea... for the moment. But you’re right, it is worth trying someday, as the effect is really gorgeous. I just felt the effort was too much.

   Also, I love the studs out approach on the facade. I have done that a few times with my buildings.

I have to confess I’m a bit surprised by seeing so much positive reactions to this, as it’s not really new indeed, tiles really give out a nice “bricky” effect. The only problem being, you need tiles.

Best,

Jonathan