 Town / 9758
Re: Modest house
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 15:49:17 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   Very late to the party, but this is really nice. The roof is fabulous. I get the feeling the days of sand green might be over, but I’d love to see the 1x1 slopes in sand green to make a ‘copper’ roof.

I wonder if there is any way to offset each row by 1/2 stud . . .

Sure there is. Just put down a layer of 1x2 jumper plates, another layer of regular plates (using the half-stud offset), and finally the tile slopes. The only problem is that there’s not a clean way to terminate the design at roof’s edge, as there are no 1x0.5 or 1x1.5 tile slopes or plates to soak up the stagger, which will reach a full brick deep at the high edge of the tile slopes. The same problem applies for flipping them on their tall edge to use as shingled siding, though in that case it gets even worse, as you’d have staggered gaps at the ends of each wall, and around any windows or doors.