 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3926
  Modest house

Since not every minifig in LEGO city can afford to stay at the Café Corner hotel, I thought it would be nice to have some kind of modest house - no gargoyles, not much colors, nothing fancy; just a plain street house: (2 URLs) gallery> This house (...) (17 years ago, 13-May-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX) !

  Re: Modest house

(...) You've crushed my escapism ; ) Oh well, at least it is very well built! Thanks for sharing and God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 13-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modest house

(...) Tim (17 years ago, 13-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modest house

(...) (URL) What is it? I expect to see more people building the faces of their building stud out in the future as builders improve their skills and recognize the opportunties a studs out building face can offer. Cheers, Ben Fleskes (17 years ago, 13-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modest house

(...) The part (URL) 30586 Plate, Modified 2 x 8 with Door Rail> (...) What about studs IN ? :) (URL) Sorry, it is the only picture I found of this café I built for one show one year ago. Well, after the SNOT 90 bricks roads, the SNOT 90 tiles (...) (17 years ago, 13-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modest house

(...) Correct, of course. As a side note, as much as I'd love to take credit for the idea, I actually can't; I've noticed this being used in official upcoming LEGO sets, see (URL) the train station> for example. (...) Blah, who needs studs anyway! (...) (17 years ago, 13-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modest house

Hey Jean-Marc, Aaah, the beauty of simplicity. The rain pipe is a lovely touch, especially when I figured out what parts you used. Tres bien! Dave S. (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modest house

(...) very cool effect. As far as my Cafe Corner goes it was bought out and developed into condos... (17 years ago, 14-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modest house

Hey, Really nice house. As with others, I particularly like your roof and the tiled wall. BTW, was there an answer as to the piece used for the rain gutter? Bruce (17 years ago, 16-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modest house

(...) the feeling the days of sand green might be over, but I'd love to see the 1x1 slopes in sand green to make a 'copper' roof. I wonder if there is any way to offset each row by 1/2 stud . . . Also, I love the studs out approach on the facade. I (...) (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modest house

(...) Sure there is. Just put down a layer of 1x2 jumper plates, another layer of regular plates (using the half-stud offset), and finally the tile slopes. The only problem is that there's not a clean way to terminate the design at roof's edge, as (...) (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modest house

(...) Actually, that was my original intention, and with the hollow stud of headlight bricks, it's not really that difficult. The problem is more at the ends of the roof, where you have to cover up the extra half slopes... which can be made easier (...) (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Modest house

(...) Hi Bruce, Thanks! Yes, as </town/?n=9746 Erik Amzallag answered>, it's a new piece, which you can find in the fire station: [LEGOSet 7945] where it holds the sliding door. It will make an appearance as gutter in other 2007 sets too, and I (...) (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)