 Town / 9617
Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:24:58 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
Hello,

I added a new folder to my brickshelf account for the buildings I am working on
and planning on bringing to Detroit to show on the TCLTC layout in July.

It is here:

So far I have 5 buildings done (they are facades only) and, I think, 5 more
about half way complete.  I am particularly pleased with the sand red building
being that the part selection in this color is really limited.  The store on the
street level is based on a bakery in my neighborhood called "Cookies".  I walk
by it a lot but have never been in, or tasted anything from there.  I hear they
have amazing cupcakes.  I used to eat baked goods whenever I could but quit a
year or so ago.  I indulge on occasion now, but rarely.

Enjoy!

Jonathan

After finally managing to get a good look (with a quick spotlight) at these I
can finally comment :)

There's far too many lovely details for me to pick them all. My favourite bit is
the studs out on the sand red building. They work so well. I also really like
the dipping and rising row of studs forward 1x1 rounds above the door on the
light yellow building and what I can see of the first floor facade on the dark
orange and black one.

I have to say you keep upping the standard with these things. Please stop it,
you make the rest of us look bad :)

Tim

PS. And what are the numbers?