 Town / 9637
Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 21:07:18 GMT

In lugnet.town, Will Chapman wrote:
These are nicely rendered, Jonathan,

Thanks, Will.

As soon as I saw them, my mind took me back to when I was a kid and my father
was building his HO model railroad.  His "downtown" area backdrop was lined with
plastic building facades just like these.

I have many fond memories of going to train shows and displays with my dad as a
child as well.  If I weren't into lego, I'd be into HO trains.  My dad build my
younger brother and myself some tables to display our HO trains on as a kid.
Great times! :o)

Yours are fantastic!  Will you create a painted facade to go behind them?

Thanks again.  I was thinking about a backdrop. I could paint it right on the
wall, too.  I work in book publishing and know many artists and graphic
designers and have actually had a few of them offer to do just that for me.
I think it is just a matter of me putting my mind to it and getting around to
doing it.  Which means, I probably won't. :o)  I just don't know where the time
goes, but I don't seem to have enough of it.

Thanks again for your nice comments and posting.

Glad you enjoyed the buildings.

Best,

Jonathan