 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3860
  Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

Hello, I added a new folder to my brickshelf account for the buildings I am working on and planning on bringing to Detroit to show on the TCLTC layout in July. It is here: (URL) far I have 5 buildings done (they are facades only) and, I think, 5 (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc) !!

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) You just get better with every street. The sand red building works really well, combined with (medium, Mearsk?) blue it gives a really subduded colour balance. I like the use of the car grills on the black shop front too. Tim (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) another level. I can hardly wait to see them all in Detroit and take credit for them when you are away from the layout;-) Fantastic job! JOHN (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) I totally agree. This pic is simply sublime: (URL) Inspirational! JOHN (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) Thanks! Yes, that is Maersk blue on the sand red building. And, glad you noticed the car grills. I was walking through Soho and noticed that quite a few of the cornices and architectural features of the older buildings were made of some kind (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) Thanks, John! Lol! You do deserve credit, bro. If it we're for NMRA looming, I would probably only have built one building in February, rather than all these. Look for more from me in a couple of weeks. I have two more just about ready to go. (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) Sorry, correction: If it were not for NMRA looming . . . (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) Hmmm, well it cuts both ways.... by that logic, if it weren't for me, you'd have had a lot more $$$ to spend on your LSO for Valentine's Day! Your secret's safe with me though! :-) (...) To say "I can hardly wait" would be an understatement:-) (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) After finally managing to get a good look (with a quick spotlight) at these I can finally comment :) There's far too many lovely details for me to pick them all. My favourite bit is the studs out on the sand red building. They work so well. I (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) Thanks! I'm really pleased with the sand red building, myself. I wish I could photograph black better. There is some nice detail in the first floor facade on the dark orange building. Plus I was happy to use those huge windows as well. (...) (...) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

Looking great! Especially for town MOCs ; ) I'm particularly impresses by all the built in sculpting detail. Very castle applicable : ) Thanks for sharing and God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

I remember first meeting you and you were so modest about the things you build. What I see is a great builder! These are no exception! Great work, I liked seeing them, I am sure they will look great set up at the NMRA 2007. - Eric (17 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) These facades are your best work in terms of the color and proportion. I agree with pretty much all the prior comments. The detail work combined with the color combinations result in the most realistic buildings that I have seen with the (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) Thanks Nathan. I sneak over and look at pictures of other themes now and then for ideas and to try to keep up to date on parts. ;o) Thanks again, Jonathan (17 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) Thanks, Eric. I am looking forward to NMRA. With Ross and John's layout, I can't go wrong. Best, Jonathan (17 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) Thanks, very much, Jim. I agree, basing these on prototypes really helps. Also, being around urban environments 24/7 obviously influences what I build. I am looking forward to NMRA as well and also seeing your recent work in person. Best, (...) (17 years ago, 27-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

These are nicely rendered, Jonathan, As soon as I saw them, my mind took me back to when I was a kid and my father was building his HO model railroad. His "downtown" area backdrop was lined with plastic building facades just like these. Yours are (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007

(...) Thanks, Will. (...) I have many fond memories of going to train shows and displays with my dad as a child as well. If I weren't into lego, I'd be into HO trains. My dad build my younger brother and myself some tables to display our HO trains (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)