 Town / 9606
Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:09:04 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
Hello,

I added a new folder to my brickshelf account for the buildings I am working on
and planning on bringing to Detroit to show on the TCLTC layout in July.

It is here:

So far I have 5 buildings done (they are facades only) and, I think, 5 more
about half way complete.  I am particularly pleased with the sand red building
being that the part selection in this color is really limited.  The store on the
street level is based on a bakery in my neighborhood called "Cookies".  I walk
by it a lot but have never been in, or tasted anything from there.  I hear they
have amazing cupcakes.  I used to eat baked goods whenever I could but quit a
year or so ago.  I indulge on occasion now, but rarely.

Enjoy!

Jonathan

You just get better with every street. The sand red building works really well,
combined with (medium, Mearsk?) blue it gives a really subduded colour balance.
I like the use of the car grills on the black shop front too.

Tim