 Town / 9609
Re: Some Buildings built for NMRA 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:04:30 GMT

In lugnet.town, Tim David wrote:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
Hello,

I added a new folder to my brickshelf account for the buildings I am working on
and planning on bringing to Detroit to show on the TCLTC layout in July.

It is here:

You just get better with every street. The sand red building works really well,
combined with (medium, Mearsk?) blue it gives a really subduded colour balance.
I like the use of the car grills on the black shop front too.

Tim

Thanks!  Yes, that is Maersk blue on the sand red building.  And, glad you
noticed the car grills.  I was walking through Soho and noticed that quite a few
of the cornices and architectural features of the older buildings were made of
some kind of metal with silver (and rust) showing where the paint had peeled
off.  The car grill was the right fit for that for me.

Thanks again,
Jonathan