 Town / 9449
Re: ZiL 158 Bus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:00:57 GMT

In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:

With thanks to Tim David and William Howard I managed to get one of these built. Thanks to the masses of SNOT and some choices I had to make to do with available bricks the bus weighs a tonne... which is probably prototypical.

   BS gallery as before once it’s modded.

Tim

Looks great! I do miss the sand green 1x1 tile on the headlight brick towards the rear though.

I miss it too. When I get a sand green headlight brick I’ll put it back but I’m trying to steer clear of BL for the time being ;)

I hear you. I need to take a break myself.

   I really want to build on of these for myself. I just love the look of it with the slopes and all. I am actually working on a trolley with similar lines and sloping rear end that was heavily inspired by this.

Based on these that I found in Brooklyn: http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=933468

Very nice proto. I have to strongly recommend looking at this (and more after clicking up) and this too. I stole a lot conceptually from both vehicles.

Thanks for pointing those out. The rear end of the roof of my trolley is quite similar to that of the greyhound bus. One of these buses will be appearing on my layout at some point. That is fantastic!

Jonathan