 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3615
    ZiL 158 Bus —Timothy Gould
   Hi all, (URL) My latest MOC, a (URL) ZiL 158 series bus>. It is fully buildable although the yellow arches cost a small fortune. (URL) BS> (URL) FlickR> Tim (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, FTX) !

        Re: ZiL 158 Bus —Andreas Weissenburg
     Very nice. Tim! The impression of the shape and the colouring really fits the original bus. It is time, that you render a larger scenery with some russian vehicles and trains...:-) Andreas (18 years ago, 28-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: ZiL 158 Bus —Timothy Gould
     (...) Hi Andreas, Well... I was actually reserving the Russian stuff for a real life diorama. I have ideas how to do it but now need to track down more parts for it and more pictures (although Flickr has helped me immensely in this). That said I (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: ZiL 158 Bus —Jonathan Lopes
     (...) I love it. I am constantly amazed by the things you do with the brick. I like the approach of using the 2x2 clear slope underneath the yellow arch. It obviously isn't perfect, but it works and it works just fine. The point is clearly made with (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: ZiL 158 Bus —Timothy Gould
     (...) Thanks very much. Of course I steal a lot of the tricks from our German building friends so 1000steine is really the source of it. (...) That's precisely why I like working with the constrained pallette of Lego rather than full kitbashing (...) (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: ZiL 158 Bus —Timothy Gould
   (...) With thanks to Tim David and William Howard I managed to get one of these built. Thanks to the masses of SNOT and some choices I had to make to do with available bricks the bus weighs a tonne... which is probably prototypical. (2 URLs) and the (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: ZiL 158 Bus —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) Looks great! I do miss the sand green 1x1 tile on the headlight brick towards the rear though. Regardless of what it represented, I think it added some nice texture there. I really want to build on of these for myself. I just love the look of (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: ZiL 158 Bus —Timothy Gould
   (...) I miss it too. When I get a sand green headlight brick I'll put it back but I'm trying to steer clear of BL for the time being ;) (...) Very nice proto. I have to strongly recommend looking at (URL) this> (and more after clicking up) and (URL) (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: ZiL 158 Bus —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) I hear you. I need to take a break myself. (...) Thanks for pointing those out. The rear end of the roof of my trolley is quite similar to that of the greyhound bus. One of these buses will be appearing on my layout at some point. That is (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)