 Town / 9447
Re: ZiL 158 Bus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 17:04:49 GMT

In lugnet.town, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Hi all,

My latest MOC, a ZiL 158 series bus. It is fully buildable although the yellow arches cost a small fortune.

BS

FlickR

Tim

With thanks to Tim David and William Howard I managed to get one of these built. Thanks to the masses of SNOT and some choices I had to make to do with available bricks the bus weighs a tonne... which is probably prototypical.

   BS gallery as before once it’s modded.

Tim

Looks great! I do miss the sand green 1x1 tile on the headlight brick towards the rear though. Regardless of what it represented, I think it added some nice texture there. I really want to build on of these for myself. I just love the look of it with the slopes and all. I am actually working on a trolley with similar lines and sloping rear end that was heavily inspired by this.

Based on these that I found in Brooklyn: http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=933468

   PS. It has been suggested to me that maybe I should post more often with pics of real builds (if only to prove I do them ;) ) so I’m trying it out. If you consider this post forum spam let me know and I won’t repeat it.

I know I don’t consider this spam. I’d love to see more!

Best,

Jonathan