 Town / 4179
Re: New MOC: Seaside Town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 05:45:34 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason Sutherland writes:
My latest creation is an entry for the 2002 Town Building Contest.  As the
subject suggests, this is a small town located next to the sea.  The
thumbnails are somewhat fuzzy for some reason but the larger pictures are
better.

Now I need to build a large building to enter into that category.

PLMKWYT!

Jason

Oh, that is very, very nice. My favorite aspect (amongst many) is the fact
that the whole town is "raised up" above sea level, and this continues
upwards as you get towards the edge. I love that look, as it is quite a
change from the traditional "everything on one plane" town view (and it
takes a lot of parts and planning to make it look as realistic as your
does). Building a realistic slope is not easy (at least not for me).

I also really like the fish logo in front of the store, and the fact that
you took the effort to use Lego lettering instead of printing a sticker off
an inkjet printer.

Mark