 Technic / 15039
Re: LEGO Knitting Machine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 04:43:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Johnson wrote:
Greetings All,

I've built a functional LEGO knitting machine.  The thing works remarkably well
and has yet to drop a stitch.  Pictures can be found at:

http://homepage.mac.com/aklego/PhotoAlbum22.html

and video is at:

http://homepage.mac.com/aklego/iMovieTheater23.html

I'm just mesmerized by this thing and hope you enjoy it.

Tom

Wow! Just, Wow!

I've been lurking here at lugnet for ages, but this one pulled me out of the
woodwork and motivated me to sign up for posting.

For some time, I've been noodling over how to do a knitting machine or a fully
mechanical loom.  Haven't worked anything out yet, there a lot of puzzles to
solve to make one work. Your machine is very impressive.

I am awed.

-dave