 Technic / 14952
Re: Vehicle with square wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:52:23 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   I saw this linked on Slashdot:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/12/prweb316686.htm (snip) I think I’ll try building one of these, if I can get the offset angle to work. It’s 1/4 of 90 degrees, according to the article.

I finally got it to work... (click for bigger images)

...and a short video clip (600k, DivX 5 AVI file).

Enjoy !

Philo

Fantastic work. I hadn’t even started my attempt. I like your using the battery box as the weight -- it’s very simple and compact.

I noticed from the video that it tends to veer left. Are the wheels losing traction when they’re fully flat?