 Technic / 13990
Re: oldest lego technic piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:25:42 GMT

I still use Fischertechnik parts occasionally. In terms of there robotics
(this will get me shot too...) and pneumatics stuff - they are far in
advance of Lego - but for actually gearing and wheels Lego Technic does
still come tops for me.

Having seen some of the very large Mecha (like Eric Sophie's creations) -
it is possible to build big - you just need more patience, and a lot of
Lego.

What I would love to see with Technic - is a system of large flat panels,
so if I was to build a frame using beams (studless or not), I could use
pins to attach the large panels to them. The panels would of course be
studless. I have used baseplates for it - but I feel proper panels would
give a better overall effect.

Orion
--
http://orionrobots.co.uk - Learn to build robots