 Technic / 13964
Re: oldest lego technic piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:23:36 GMT

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:26:18 GMT, Juergen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net> wrote:
Hi,

"vineethonkan" <vineethonkan@yahoo.com> writes:

Does anyone out there know what the oldest lego technic piece is that is
still
in use? IE a u-joint, axle, pin etc.

some of the axles existed even before Technic (IIRC 4 6 8 12)
for the big colored pre-technic gears.
They changed from uncolored to black when technic was introduced,
and probably the material was changed as well.

Jürgen

From my cruddy web-cam:

Original bushing
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ffaat/stuff/picture001.jpg

Original version of the "technic beam" (brick?):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ffaat/stuff/picture002.jpg

Original axle (seems translucent, but it could be age):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ffaat/stuff/picture001.jpg

Original u-joint:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ffaat/stuff/picture001.jpg

All of these came from the 812-1 I still have parts for:
http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/inv/sets/812-1?withpics=yes

-Rob A>