 Technic / 11478
Re: Gyro- advanced biped
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:03:33 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Paul Kleniewski wrote:
impressive !!!
especialy the speed :)))

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. On the subject of
speed, you might want to check out my X5 biped.

It's about three times as fast as Gyro, although
it lacks the side to side stabilizing mechanism.

the very first honda's projects looked similar
maybe lego-asimo is comming

I didn't really think about that, but I guess Gyro
does look a bit like some of the honda prototypes.
I have more ideas for mechanisms, and I think that
a walker with a design similar to Asimo is possible,
but a Lego walker with all of Asimo's abilities would
be really tricky.

i propose the name ALSIMO
Advanced Lego Step In Mobility

I had the same basic idea for a name, just rearranged a bit.
ASILMO, or Advanced Step In Lego Mobility.

just to remind to everyone
http://www.honda.co.jp/ASIMO/
http://world.honda.com/ASIMO/

br