 Technic / 11472
  Gyro- advanced biped

Introducing my latest biped, Gyro. Its name comes from its mechanism, which mimics the effect of a gyro stabilization system and keeps the upper torso parallel to the ground while the rest of the walker leans side to side, keeping the center of (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Gyro- advanced biped

(...) I anticipate that video now .) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gyro- advanced biped

impressive !!! especialy the speed :))) the very first honda's projects looked similar maybe lego-asimo is comming i propose the name ALSIMO Advanced Lego Step In Mobility just to remind to everyone (URL) <jrl3d@yahoo.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gyro- advanced biped

(...) Thanks, I'm glad you like it. On the subject of speed, you might want to check out my X5 biped. (URL) about three times as fast as Gyro, although it lacks the side to side stabilizing mechanism. (...) I didn't really think about that, but I (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gyro- advanced biped

I've posted a short video file of Gyro on Brickshelf. You can find it on the Gyro page here: (URL) quality isn't quite what I'm going for, but the digital camera I'm currently using isn't the best. Anyway, I hope you like it. -jrl (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gyro- advanced biped

(...) "This content-type has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later." So I'll just try again later... (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gyro- advanced biped

(...) I think that possibly brickshelf doesn't support movies anymore. Kevin (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gyro- advanced biped

(...) Actually, Tobbe had it right. The thing is that there are so many movies hosted on BrickShelf that they are a serious drain on the resources. So, Kevin decided to only enable movie downloads when the bandwidth consumption is low, like late at (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gyro- advanced biped

(...) I hope that isn't the case, but if so, it's disappointing. There would probably be technical reasons for it, though. If that is the case, I guess a lot of people will need to find a new web host for their videos. -James (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gyro- advanced biped

(...) According to Brendan (the guy behind The Bricktestament) Kevin (the guy behind Brickshelf) has disabled parts of his images from time to time since there is a bandwith problem with Brickshelf. We can't complain since it's a free service but it (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)