 Storage / 1669
Re: New LEGO room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:53:21 GMT

In lugnet.storage, David Koudys wrote:
   In lugnet.storage, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   In lugnet.storage, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
   I am also using Ikea’s Ivar Shelving for my Lego room, but I saw this image, and I have never seen a Double wide shelf that looks like your building surface.. is it a custome built shelf? http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4796384

Hi Jeff, that are in fact two simple shelf boards connected by two hinges similar to this:

http://www.franz-holz.de/images/holz/flightcase-scharnier.jpg

So that gives a hinge connection which permits to fold the front part of the table down. (There are angle-brackets below, that keep the table in straight position normally, but the brackets can be swung out of position themselves).

Thanks Ben, That makes Since, At first I thought it was an Ikea Product that was not sold in Canada...

   Here are some images of my Lego room (also 1-2 years old..) http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffvw/sets/72157628443043909/

Cool! I always love to see how other fans organize their collection. And this looks VERY organized. You could be a German. :-))

Well, he’s dutch so close enuf ;) (oooooh, I’m gonna hear it from the wooden shoe contingent! Oh wait, that’s me as well!!)

Jeff has one of the most thorough and sorted collections I’ve ever seen. It’s a joy to visit and see.
It is also a Joy when other AFOLS come and visit me, Especially by ‘older brother’ Dave :)

Leg Godt!

Ben

Dave K