 Star Wars / 15730
Re: Death Star Modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 16:21:39 GMT

All of these look great so far, Amado.  The concept is great, particularily
since all your dioramas were just beggging to be joined together in some
fashion.

The best part about these, especially the conference room, is the wonderful
sense of mood you get from them..they really do have that heavy, dark,
aneseptic feel to them that came across in the movies.

Cheers,
-Gil

In lugnet.starwars, Amado C. Pinlac writes:
After having done a number of DS dioramas, most of the modules have been
raided for parts to do other MOCs. There's a few left which I've been
thinking of combining into one big (not sure of the final dimensions yet)
multi-level structure (probably three levels).

To do this, I'm planning to standardize the sizes of the modules to be built
into the 32 x 32 baseplates. Connections between the modules will vary
depending on the location. Thus far, here are the modules that I'm thinking
of including in the structure;

1. Control room
2. Hallways - straight, curved, connectors
3. Gunner room
4. Docking bay for MF
5. Trash compactor
6. Power control room
7. Troopers locker
8. Chasm
9. Detention block

Don't have any timetable to complete the whole thing but I'll start building
the modules separately and do mods for those that I already got (#1, #2,
#3). Sounds like a lot of work! Does anybody plan on doing something similar
to this?

Regards,
ACPin & Sons