 Star Wars / 15636

Subject:
Newsgroups:
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 02:39:28 GMT

4. Docking bay for MF
5. Trash compactor
6. Power control room
7. Troopers locker
8. Chasm
9. Detention block

Don't have any timetable to complete the whole thing but I'll start building
the modules separately and do mods for those that I already got (#1, #2,
#3). Sounds like a lot of work! Does anybody plan on doing something similar
to this?

Regards,
ACPin & Sons

Re: Death Star Modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 06:36:46 GMT

this could be a kewl project.  I can see a basic idea here similiar to the
moonbase module, why not make the standard a cube size with portals and
elevators standardized that move in all three dimensions.  This way modules
could not only connect outward, but upwards and downwards as well?

great idea!  let me know what you think.

-tk

"ACPin" <ACPin@Comcast.net> wrote in message news:HDvops.zCF@lugnet.com...
After having done a number of DS dioramas, most of the modules have been
raided for parts to do other MOCs. There's a few left which I've been
thinking of combining into one big (not sure of the final dimensions yet)
multi-level structure (probably three levels).

To do this, I'm planning to standardize the sizes of the modules to be • built
into the 32 x 32 baseplates. Connections between the modules will vary
depending on the location. Thus far, here are the modules that I'm • thinking
of including in the structure;

1. Control room
2. Hallways - straight, curved, connectors
3. Gunner room

#3). Sounds like a lot of work! Does anybody plan on doing something • similar
to this?

Regards,
ACPin & Sons

Re: Death Star Modules
That's something that I've considered to do except that for this project the
connections are designed to be localized. Not intended to be as modular
connections like in the moonbase project, but if there's a lot of interest
in something like that then I'd definitely pursue some designs for it.

Regards,
ACPin & Sons

In lugnet.starwars, Travis Kunce writes:
this could be a kewl project.  I can see a basic idea here similiar to the
moonbase module, why not make the standard a cube size with portals and
elevators standardized that move in all three dimensions.  This way modules
could not only connect outward, but upwards and downwards as well?

great idea!  let me know what you think.

-tk

Re: Death Star Modules
i'm not too sure what you mean by localized.   Please explain further.

-tk