 Star Wars / 15636
    Death Star Modules —Amado C. Pinlac
   After having done a number of DS dioramas, most of the modules have been raided for parts to do other MOCs. There's a few left which I've been thinking of combining into one big (not sure of the final dimensions yet) multi-level structure (probably (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars) !

        Re: Death Star Modules —Travis Kunce
     this could be a kewl project. I can see a basic idea here similiar to the moonbase module, why not make the standard a cube size with portals and elevators standardized that move in all three dimensions. This way modules could not only connect (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

         Re: Death Star Modules —Amado C. Pinlac
     Travis, That's something that I've considered to do except that for this project the connections are designed to be localized. Not intended to be as modular connections like in the moonbase project, but if there's a lot of interest in something like (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars)

     i'm not too sure what you mean by localized. Please explain further. -tk "ACPin" <ACPin@Comcast.net> wrote in message news:HDxK3r.1vz3@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) the (...) modules (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Death Star Modules —Amado C. Pinlac
     Travis, The designs are intended solely for the Death Star project that I've mentioned in the original post. That's what I meant by localized compared to the moonbase project that had designs for compatibility across individual projects. Thus it's (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Death Star Modules —Travis Kunce
     Sounds like you'll have fun. If its just a diorama type of thing and not a modular project that other can contribute to, why bind each module to the baseplate? It sounds like you could get a better result by building it exactly to scale. good luck. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Death Star Modules —Amado C. Pinlac
     Travis, One word "Space" is something that I don't have enough of. I do all my works on action figures and Legos on the same 4'x8' hobby table. Since this will take awhile to build that's why I chose to build it by modules and then merge them once (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Death Star Modules —Tobbe Arnesson
     In lugnet.starwars, Amado C. Pinlac writes: <<snipp>> (...) Sounds like a cool idea if the 3D connetcions can be standardized in the same manner as the Moonbase project. Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Death Star Modules —Amado C. Pinlac
     Tobbe, If it generates a lot of interest then I'm all for it. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars)

        Elevator Shaft & Blast Doors (was: Death Star Modules) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest MOCs from our homepage, DSM Elevator Shaft and Blast Doors (URL) elevator shaft would be the primary connection between various levels of the Death Star and the blast doors for the modules on the same level. Regards, ACPin & (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

         Re: Elevator Shaft & Blast Doors (was: Death Star Modules) —Bruce Hietbrink
      Hey AC, Very nice. I like how you've taken a fairly useless piece (IMO), the archway from Final Duel 2, and turned it into a design element that will tie your various modules together. Is your full layout really going to be 3 levels? Bruce (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.starwars)

          Re: Elevator Shaft & Blast Doors (was: Death Star Modules) —Amado C. Pinlac
      Bruce, Yeah, that archway came in handy as I've gotten a lot of them from the recent sales of the Final Duel 2 sets. The three levels are on my initial plans but that can change once I start merging the modules together. I opted to start with the (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

          Re: Elevator Shaft & Blast Doors (was: Death Star Modules) —Bruce Hietbrink
       (...) It makes sense. Very much like the Moonbase project starting with an idea of how the different modules fit together. Bruce (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Elevator Shaft & Blast Doors (was: Death Star Modules) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Thanks for the compliments by all the viewers who've sent us emails. Rather than respond individually to each of you regarding the same question that has been raised about the parts list and instructions for these modules, I'll do them later when (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

        Control Room & Straight Hallway (was: Death Star Modules) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest MOCs from our homepage, DSM Control Room and Straight Hallway (URL) hangar bay control room has been updated with the standard blast doors and the straight hallway was redesigned with blast doors on both ends. The two MOCs are (...) (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

         Re: Control Room & Straight Hallway (was: Death Star Modules) —Bruce Hietbrink
     AC, This is outstanding. I really like the detail in the control room, and the way you're using blast doors to connect things looks great. Do you really have that many classic space baseplates that you can base everything on these? Are you going to (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Control Room & Straight Hallway —Amado C. Pinlac
     Bruce (...) Thanks and the control panel was designed by my second son. Did you notice the corner cabinet where R2D2 and C3PO hid? (...) Not enough that's why I had to use the road baseplates. (...) That detention cell will be redesigned to fit the (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

        Conference Room & 3-Way Hallway (was: Death Star Modules) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest MOCs from our homepage, DSM Conference Room and 3-Way Hallway (URL) conference room is a completely new module and the 3-way hallway was redesigned with blast doors on the three ends which can connect to different modules. The (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

        Re: Death Star Modules —Gil Shaw
     All of these look great so far, Amado. The concept is great, particularily since all your dioramas were just beggging to be joined together in some fashion. The best part about these, especially the conference room, is the wonderful sense of mood (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Death Star Modules —Amado C. Pinlac
     Gil, Thanks for the compliments! To convey the Imperial style across the modules, it was essential to stick to the use of black, gray and dark gray bricks for consistency. There will be a few modules with different color scheme but definitely still (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

        Briefing Room (was: Death Star Modules) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC from our homepage, Briefing Room; (URL) blasters are checked at the door in the briefing room before any discussion of the stormtrooper unit assignment begins. The Imperial officers in charge of disseminating information (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

        Firing Range (was: DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC from our homepage, Firing Range; (URL) improve upon their markmanship skills at handling the blasters, all stormtroopers and biker scouts go to the firing range. Targets are randomly shown either as regular bulls-eye or (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

         Re: Firing Range (was: DSMs) —Leonard Hoffman
      This is awesome! it helps explain why all the stormies and scouties are such bad shots! those targets are like three feet away! awesome! -krakhed (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

          Re: Firing Range (was: DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
      Lenny, They had too much practice at close range so they couldn't shoot straight at long range. Thanks, ACPin & Sons (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

          Re: Firing Range (was: DSMs) —David Laswell
      (...) Some friends of mine and I had this theory that the basic Stormies can only shoot well if they aren't a planet. They couldn't shoot two guys, a girl, and a piece-of-fur on the first Death Star (it's round, therefore it qualifies as a planet as (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

          Why do people think Stormtroopers can't aim? (was Re: Firing Range) —Mike Petrucelli
      (...) 1. They were intentionally letting them escape to find the Rebel Base. 2. Do you have any idea how hard it is to hit a moving target? (...) It is very likely Vader wanted them alive. So they intentionally drove them off Cloud City. The (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Firing Range (was: DSMs) —Keith Goldman
     So its a firing range for orange-tinted flashlights? (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Firing Range (was: DSMs) —Jeff Byrd
      (...) Couldn't have said it any better. (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Firing Range (was: DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Don't blame us, blame TLC for issuing those as standard blasters! At least they can also shout at the targets when the flashlights run out of power. Regards, ACPin & Sons (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Firing Range (was: DSMs) —Jeff Byrd
     (...) You know...there is a solution to this problem. I've already offered several times, with no response. Oh well. (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Firing Range (was: DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Jeff, No offense meant to your custom blasters but I'm perfectly content with the TLC standard issue. Otherwise I would have already ordered from the armory from day one that I found out that you were producing them. I maybe in the minority but I'm (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

        Detention Sentry (was : DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC from our homepage, Detention Sentry; (URL) detention cell block can only be accessed through the guarded sentry room. Authorized personnel must pass the security check-in and the sentry room is fully armed to deter any (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

        Fleet Display (was re: DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC from our homepage, Fleet Display; (URL) scale models of the Imperial fleet are often on display for aspiring and current officers that would like view the different configurations of the TIEs. Sometimes a land based (...) (21 years ago, 28-May-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

         Re: Fleet Display (was re: DSMs) —Gil Shaw
     (...) Haha! Great! Skool for Imperials! Love it! (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Fleet Display (was re: DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
     (...) Gil, Thanks for the compliments! Regards, ACPin & Sons (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

        Officers Lounge (was re:DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC from our homepage, Officers Lounge; (URL) the end of their shifts, Imperial officers can find comfort at the lounge where only authorized ranking personnel are allowed. Food and drinks are available through the automated (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

        Gunner Station Level I (was re:DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC from our homepage, Gunner Station Level I; (URL) first level of the Death Star gunner station is equipped with twin ion cannons that can track down the smaller rebel craft that may have penetrated the main defense (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

        Gunner Station Level II (was re:DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC from our homepage, Gunner Station Level II; (URL) second level of the Death Star gunner station contains the massive ion gunnery that can easily destroy small rebel craft with a single shot. The lower level can be (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

         Re: Gunner Station Level II (was re:DSMs) —Bruce Hietbrink
     Very cool, AC. It reminds me of this set from my youth: (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Gunner Station Level II (was re:DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
     (...) Thanks and it shouldn't come as a surprise to you that I based the design of the gun on the one that came with that. Added a few mods based from some reference pics of the movie stills. Regards, ACPin & Sons (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.starwars)

        Detention Block (was re:DSMs) —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest MOCs from our homepage, DSM Detention Block and Detention Block Escape dio; (URL) detention block provides holding facilities for rebels captured by the Imperial forces. The heavily guarded sentry room provides the only safe (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

        DSM Incinerator —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC from our homepage, Incinerator; (URL) the trash compacted go through the incinerator which generates an ample amount of power used by the lower levels of the Death Star. Other trash brought in for disposal are fed though (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc)

        DSM Trash Compactor and Dio Crisis —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC from our homepage, Trash Compactor; (URL) escape through the trash chute led to the trash compactor. Another obstacle that there doesn't seem to be any way out of and for the meantime a safe haven away from the Imperial (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc) !

         Re: DSM Trash Compactor and Dio Crisis —Bruce Hietbrink
      Hey AC, Another great module. What are the robot arms outside that window that use the Galidor element? I found it funny that there was a Galidor piece in the trash compactor--perhaps it should be filled with pieces that people don't like. Bruce (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars)

          Re: DSM Trash Compactor and Dio Crisis —Amado C. Pinlac
      (...) Those arms came from an Ogel set and if you check back on the previous DSM Incinerator, you'll see that the two modules connect through. The arms feed the trash to the incinerator. Thanks, ACPin & Sons (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: DSM Trash Compactor and Dio Crisis —David Laswell
     (...) So...why exactly does Chewbacca have his bowcaster that was never seen in ANH? I understand you'd rather keep using the original LEGO weapons instead of buying more movie-accurate ones from The Little Armory, but isn't there some better option (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: DSM Trash Compactor and Dio Crisis —Amado C. Pinlac
     (...) If you've seen the other modules, you can tell that it's not about movie accuracy that I'm going for in these. In time you'll see the merged modules in one complex as there's just a couple more to go. Regards, ACPin & Sons (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars)

        DSM Transports Bay —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC Transports Bay; (URL) The Transports bay deploys the vehicles to various areas of the Death Star where they are needed. The three docking stations with their crews on round-the-clock shifts ensure their readiness. The (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

        DSM Biker Scout Facility —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC Biker Scout Facility; (URL) Just beside the power station lies the facility used by the Imperial Biker Scouts. The armory contains all of the different blasters at their disposal. Next to the armory is the maintenance (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

        DSM Power Station & Elevator Chasm —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOCs from our (URL); Power Station (URL) Elevator Chasm (URL) Regards, ACPin & Sons (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

        DSM Merged Lower Level —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOC from our (URL) homepage>; (URL) Merged Lower Level The lower level of the merged Death Star Modules comprises of the Power Station and the Biker Scouts Facility. Both modules have common access to the lower open hangar (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

         Re: DSM Merged Lower Level —Amado C. Pinlac
     Many thanks for those who have viewed it and also to the emails that we've received about it. Regards, ACPin & Sons (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars)

        DSM Merged Level One & Hangar Bay —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOCs from our (URL); (2 URLs) Regards, ACPin & Sons (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

         Re: DSM Merged Level One & Hangar Bay —Bruce Hietbrink
     Wow, AC! All of the individual units have been great, but seeing this come together it is just amazing! One question, how easy is it to remove the upper layer to access the lower? I'm looking forward to I assume two more levels (since the detention (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

         Re: DSM Merged Level One & Hangar Bay —Amado C. Pinlac
     (...) Bruce, It's been a long three months and finally getting there with two more levels to go. Now that the modules are merged, the only way to access the lower level is though the open space up front. Very, very difficult to move it due to the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

        DSM Merged Level Two & Scanning Crew —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOCs from our (URL); (2 URLs) Regards, ACPin & Sons (21 years ago, 21-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

        DSM Merged Level Three & Rebels Escape —Amado C. Pinlac
     Check out our latest DSM MOCs from our (URL); (URL) Merged Level Three (URL) Rebels Escape Dio (URL) Modules connected from one level to another Regards, ACPin & Sons (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

         Re: DSM Merged Level Three & Rebels Escape —Bruce Hietbrink
     Hey AC, Congratulations on the completion of this massive project. This looks great! I wish I could see this in person. Bruce (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

         Re: DSM Merged Level Three & Rebels Escape —Amado C. Pinlac
     (...) Bruce, Thanks a lot and you're not the only one asking about whether this project will make a public appearance. No immediate plans about that and even if I was able to go to BF, I couldn't even imagine how to transport it. Regards, ACPin & (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.starwars)

        Death Star Modules on Brickshelf —Amado C. Pinlac
   In response to numerous requests from bandwidth challenged viewers, I've completed the addition of the DSMs to our (URL) Brickshelf gallery.> Though it does not contain all of the pics for each and every module, it gives the viewer a unique (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)