 Star Wars / 12629
Re: Empire's Age?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:47:18 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera writes:
Does anyone know how long the EMPIRE lastest before it fell apart at the
battle of Yavin?

You mean Battle of Endor? :)

Seems to me that it was a very short time no more than 50
years.

I'm basing this off the fact that in SW EPII the EMPIRE is NOT offical there
yet.  The 'movemnet' for the OLD REPUBLIC to topple is going on.  So perhaps
in EP III that is where we might see the offical start of the Empire?  In SW
ROJ luke is about what Late 20s?  So you figure the empire has ONLY been
around for as long as luke has been alive.  So perhaps some 30-40 years?

Luke is born at the END of Ep3 which is 4 years after Ep2.

I'd use Luke/Leia as a guage. I'm assuming that they're conceived either
just before or just after the Empire is formed. Bear in mind Luke & Leia
were supposed to be like 16-18 when SW4 starts... then 2 to maybe as much as
5 years later is the final Death Star II battle... so the twins are 18-23 by
the end? So that puts the empire between maybe 16-25 years old? Pretty darn
young.

Seems like such a such time compared to the OLD REPUBLIC?

Most definitely... good question might be, how old is the Sith?

Stih go way way way way back.

The sith were formed after a splinter of them broke away from the Jedi Order
and were exiled from the Republic.  They settled on Korriban where they
interbred with Jedi so that they were insepreable (according to
starwars.com.  After the Great Sith War they were never heard again until
things started to cook with Naboo. The cool thing about Sith is that only 2
can exist at a time, a Master and an Apprentice.

kai
DaveE