 Star Wars / 12624
  Empire's Age?

Does anyone know how long the EMPIRE lastest before it fell apart at the battle of Yavin? Seems to me that it was a very short time no more than 50 years. I'm basing this off the fact that in SW EPII the EMPIRE is NOT offical there yet. The (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) You mean Battle of Endor? :) (...) I'd use Luke/Leia as a guage. I'm assuming that they're conceived either just before or just after the Empire is formed. Bear in mind Luke & Leia were supposed to be like 16-18 when SW4 starts... then 2 to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) How long did Hitler and the Third Riech last? There is some context in history that Large Evil Dictatorships only have a life as long as their origional Leader. Hitler dies so does the Third Riech... Emporer dies so does the Empire. Sure you (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) That is a tough question, but looking at the information on Starwars.com, and some of the other publications relating to Starwars, it must be thousands of years old. Especially when you're talking about the GREAT SITH WAR, like well over 500 (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) Hmmm *whips out his Star Wars Timeline* In Ep4 Luke and Leia are 18--YES thats right (well atleast what the "LucasFilm apporved Essentail Guide to Vehicles and Vessles" But the fall of the Republic is 29 years before Ep4. Now the in Ep6 the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) Luke is born at the END of Ep3 which is 4 years after Ep2. (...) Stih go way way way way back. The sith were formed after a splinter of them broke away from the Jedi Order and were exiled from the Republic. They settled on Korriban where they (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) The Great Sith Wars was like 4,000 years before Ep4. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) Well I did say "WELL OVER" :) (...) Thanks for giving us a more realistic figure...I seen the information on StarWars.Com, but couldn't get a finger on the amount of years. Benjamin Medinets (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) ... (...) So-- assuming that, L&L are 22 at the end of ROTJ... (...) So, the fall of the Republic is 7 years before L&L are born... [snip from other post] (...) So-- I can only assume that Ep2-3 cover about a 7 year span? Do we know how much (...) (22 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

I can find it acceptible that the Empire only lasted 30 years or so. But really I can't buy the Old Republic lasting some 20,000+ years. Given the volitile nature of Humans, perhaps maybe 200 some years. Heck, our little planet here, with only ONE (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

Nice points, but I think it needs a little dash of My 2 Cents. It is hard to buy over here as well (and I don't want to start a starwars war) but according to an official LucasFilm LTD released book, there Old Republic was formed 25,000 years before (...) (22 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) Just to give an exception, the Soviet Union survived through several leaders, about 80 years. Here it was a party rather than an individual leader. Slightly different than a "Large Evil Dictatorship," but related. Or you could go with the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) I'm sorry, but the reason why no state can leave is because the Union will send an army in and occupy them. (reference THE CIVIL WAR, 1861-1865) Unity is maintained by, 1)common interests and 2)military might. (...) I think a planet or a (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Empire's Age?

(...) Common good is a law/core-democratic value. :)) But as in Ep2 the Republic sent in a ground force as well as trying to make negotiations. (...) We are on the border line. Although we don't really need electronics, most of them come from (...) (22 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars)