 Star Wars / 12626
Re: Empire's Age?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:31:07 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera writes:
Does anyone know how long the EMPIRE lastest before it fell apart at the
battle of Yavin?  Seems to me that it was a very short time no more than 50
years.

I'm basing this off the fact that in SW EPII the EMPIRE is NOT offical there
yet.  The 'movemnet' for the OLD REPUBLIC to topple is going on.  So perhaps
in EP III that is where we might see the offical start of the Empire?  In SW
ROJ luke is about what Late 20s?  So you figure the empire has ONLY been
around for as long as luke has been alive.  So perhaps some 30-40 years?
Seems like such a such time compared to the OLD REPUBLIC?

How long did Hitler and the Third Riech last?

There is some context in history that Large Evil Dictatorships only have a life
as long as their origional Leader.  Hitler dies so does the Third Riech...
Emporer dies so does the Empire.

Sure you can find some exceptions to the rule but to me a 30-40 year lifespan
for the Empire seems right.

Eric Kingsley (who is happy not to have seen Jar Jar in any of the trailers so
far...)