 Space / 40999
Re: Galactica Rag Tag Fleet: 3 new transport ships!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 02:20:27 GMT

Impressive as ever, Chris. Which I say as a builder of micro-starships myself. (I even displayed a few at this year’s BrickFest, though they vanished next to Nathan Proudlove’s meter-long Blacktron II.) Run out of Star Wars Expanded Universe designs to replicate, have you, and moving on to other universes?

This reminds me: would you be interested in exhibiting any of your models at the World Science Fiction Convention this summer, in Yokohama, Japan? I’m organizing LEGO events there. Since the Worldcon is all about international SF fandom -- this year more than most, since it’s the first time in Asia -- I’m especially interested in demonstrating that AFOLdom is also international.

Builders are very protective of their MOCs, so there’s not a lot of shipping-to-unattended-exhibits, but I’ve got an alternative: I’ll build copies of your models from my own brick supply (you’ve already done the LDRAW plans), transport them myself, and display them under your name. Interested?