 Space / 40998
Re: HAL 9000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 02:09:59 GMT

Cool. A nice, iconic alternative to the conventional minifig-scale constructs that dominate Space.

Let’s see -- the eye-lens would be the 45729 Round dish 6x6 inverted, in trans-light-blue from the 10030-1 USD Star Destroyer, right? And it looks like you found a use for those 1x4 bricks with 4 studs on side, dark green, from the excess PaB bins at the BrickFest LEGO Store trip.

I’d also like to see Ldraw plans -- or at least some specs as to how many bricks are in the paneled exterior. Why? I’m on a mission to collect SF MOCs to display at this summer’s World Science Fiction Convention. AFOLs are understandably reluctant to send their models to Japan (they needn’t mail them direct -- there will be a con-fixtures cargo container shipping from California), so I’m going to offer to build copies from my own parts-supply, and display them under the original creator’s name.

Any interest in exhibiting that way, Kelly?