 Space / 41000
Re: HAL 9000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 03:39:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Phillip Thorne wrote:
   Cool. A nice, iconic alternative to the conventional minifig-scale constructs that dominate Space.

Thanks to everyone who commented, I appreciate it!

   Let’s see -- the eye-lens would be the 45729 Round dish 6x6 inverted, in trans-light-blue from the 10030-1 USD Star Destroyer, right? And it looks like you found a use for those 1x4 bricks with 4 studs on side, dark green, from the excess PaB bins at the BrickFest LEGO Store trip.

You found my secret, yep.

   I’d also like to see Ldraw plans -- or at least some specs as to how many bricks are in the paneled exterior.

OK, by popular demand, and because I needed a reason to reinstall LDraw, I’ve done my best to whip up an LDR file and render instructions with LPub. Not sure how well I’ve done, but they’re available here:

It’s missing some pieces so it’s slightly different.

   Why? I’m on a mission to collect SF MOCs to display at this summer’s World Science Fiction Convention. AFOLs are understandably reluctant to send their models to Japan (they needn’t mail them direct -- there will be a con-fixtures cargo container shipping from California), so I’m going to offer to build copies from my own parts-supply, and display them under the original creator’s name.

Any interest in exhibiting that way, Kelly?

Cool, yeah! If you want I could send this, it’s small enough. I need to redo the sticker on the real one anyway.

Kelly